1. A resistance of 6 ohms is connected in series with another resistance of 4 ohms. A potential difference of 20 volts is applied across the combination. Calculate the current through the circuit and potential difference across the 6 ohm resistance.
2. Calculate the number of electrons constituting one coulomb of charge per second through any cross section of a conductor.
3. How much work is done in moving a charge of 2 C across two points having a potential difference of 12 V ?
4. How much energy is given to each coulomb of charge passing through a 6 V battery ?
5. Calculate the work done in moving a charge of 5 Coulombs from a point at a potential of 210 Volts to another point at 240 Volts.
7. When a particle of charge 10 µC is brought from infinity to a point P, 2.0 mJ work is done by the external forces. What is the potential at P ?
9. How many electrons pass through a lamp in one minute if the current be 200 mA?
10. Calculate the current supplied by a cell if the amount of charge passing through the cell in 4 seconds is 12 C ?
11. A 2 Volt cell is connected to a 1 Ω resistor. How many electrons come out of the negative terminal of the cell in 2 minutes?
12. a) How much current will an electric bulb draw from a 220 V source, if the resistance of the bulb filament is 1200 Ω ?
b) How much current will an electric heater coil draw from a 220 V source, if the resistance of the heater coil is 100 Ω ?
13. The potential difference between the terminals of an electric heater is 60 Volts when it draws a current of 4 Ampere from a source. What current will the heater draw if the potential difference is increased to 120 Volt.
14. A torch bulb when cold has 1Ω resistance. It draws a current of 0.3 Ampere when glowing from a source of 3 V. Calculate the resistance of the bulb when glowing and explain the reason for the difference in resistance.
15. A current of 0.2 Ampere flows through a conductor of resistance 4.5 Ω. Calculate the potential difference at the ends of the conductor.
Related search and topics
10th science physics Electric current and its effects Formative Assessments
Guess Paper SA-1- 2011 - X -Science-Electricity and its effects
10th science physics Electric current and its effects notes
10th science physics Electric current and its effects Solved questions (1-2 marks)
10th science physics Electric current and its effects Test Paper
NUMERICAL - Electricity & its effects For (Class X unsolved)
Solved Electricity numerical for class 10
Current Electricity Numerical solved
MCQ physics 10th Chapter Electric current and its effects
Electric current and its effects: An Introduction To Electrical Power And Energy
Electric current and its effects: An Introduction To Electric Potential and Potential Difference
QUESTION BANK Class X Physics (Electricity)
CBSE PHYSICS : 10th Electric Current & and Its Effect Multiple choice questions
ELECTRIC CURRENT AND CIRCUIT+ Revision Notes